Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sheer Bow Mid Length

Hello to friends, family and fellow sewists from beautiful, foggy SF! Today I bring to you my favorite TNT pattern, one that I have made at least 5 times by now, the Simplicity Built by Wendy Pattern 3964. I usually make the short sleeve, summery version, but I thought that this
 poly chiffon would lend itself to longer sleeves, and indeed a longer hemline. I lengthened the pattern by 10" to make it more of a mid length. I bought this fun print ages ago at a random jobber downtown, and had no idea what I was going to do with it, but dresses seem to be my thing lately, so I thought a longer, sheer dress would work nicely in my wardrobe.




I just love the triangle detail and how it sews up. Such elegance!


The hat matches! I have been on bit of a hat mission lately, they do seem to add a lot to a look! 


This is another super easy pattern, no buttons or zips, and I think really looks best with a drapier
fabric. Unfortunately, as you can see on my side seam, the poly did not iron well, I will
have to keep working on that. Over all I would for sure make up this version again, if I didn't already
have this pattern in such heavy rotation. I do think that I need more long sleeved versions of it!
Next thing on my to do list: Oonapalooza- my pattern is cut, can't wait to get a cocktail in my
hand and start sewing. Cheers! 

6 comments:

  1. This dress is super cute! I also like the triangle detail and great fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so very much! And with the hat, perfection :) I need to get sewing again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great make with this pattern! (I'm a huge fan of it myself). It's just beautiful in a sheer fabric and long sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO CUTE! I love it on you! You look so adorable in hats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute on you! I really like the triangle detail, too. Love the hat! :)

    ReplyDelete