Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Peter pan baby doll tester

Hello fine sewist! I have been on a bit of a sewing hiatus, moving to a new city and settling into a new job. Let me tell you what a relief it was, even though all of the boxes are not unpacked yet, to do a bit of sewing! I was very excited as well, to be trying out a new pattern that I designed and commissioned to be made into a PDF! I will share it all with you, very soon, for free, -yay! but I wanted to iron out the kinks first. This first attempt that I am showing here is not my finest sewing hour- to be sure, (I only attempted to match plaid at the side seams, and this rayon slipped like crazy when I was cutting) I just wanted it done and sewn up so that I could see how the pattern was looking! Indeed, it needed some tweaks, the collar is not quite the shape that I had wanted and it has some other issues.


I really like the look of the teensy bias binding instead of a facing. Do you have a preference?


The back keyhole tie is one of my favorite features.





You have to stand funny to make these types of dresses flattering, unfortunately. I think that is
why people shy away from this style. You don't want to look pregnant if you are not? I can't imagine why.




Wonky collar, (my fault) but it should extend all the way to the back at least..
Also it could lie a bit flatter.



I would love your feedback though, is this a style that you would be at all interested in making?
Also, Chuleen over at CSews, nominated me for a Liebster award, I will give that some
attention very soon!

15 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I love the pattern/style. It would be awesome if you share it - it's something I would love to sew and wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Kitty, I will get to work on the changes then, so hopefully it will be available in a few weeks! Glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. Love this dress, Angela! That fabric is perfect. I need to make one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shino! Let me get it right then you can!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Sonja! If it wasn't for the wonky collar!

      Delete
  4. girl i love this dress and fabric! seriously has me swooning! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and that fireplace! cozy times ahead xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you guys can come up for a visit! We can have fondue by the fire! xo

      Delete
  6. so cute - i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela- I don't think I knew this about you! Designing a pattern! Congrats! I actually like it- I think with leggings for me it would be awesome although I am not sure I can carry off a Peter Pan collar anymore. (Although I sure love them!) I am pretty sure this style would look great on at least one of my girls too! Nice work. I would definitely give it a whirl! ... Looks like you are unpacked! And back to sewing. Will you be coming to LA for the LA SEWIST meetup on the 14th? It would be great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie- thank you so so much, you can always make it without the collar, as soon as I get a good version of the pattern I will email it over! Unfortunately I am not going to make it on the 14th ;( really with I could would be great to see you, have fun and get some great fabrics! I hope to be back in LA to do some fabric shopping soon, maybe I will see if your around next time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmygosh I have this same exact fabric! Love the peter pan collar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the peter pan. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete