Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Put a bird on it!

Why hello dear readers and friends, and family! (mom, i know your the first to read this!)
I have some sneaky fun things in the works, which includes a dyeing project.. but in the 
meantime, I would like to share with you some snaps of my old handbag line
which I made and sold over 10 years ago, A.Denny.


Here is my squirrel purse. Because everyone needs a purse with a squirrel on it.


I always had fun picking lining and pocket fabrics.
Labels are just stamped hem tape, easy peasy.


And yes, why don't I just live in Portland you ask? Because I did make
a purse with a bird on it, I did.



Lovely giraffe purse. Aren't giraffes just the sweetest and gentlest
of animals?



All appliques were hand painted by moi then ironed on with fusible and
sewn on.



I even painted some mopeds- as in the cool, 70's honda type.
(I got a lot of inspiration from old National Geographics.)
I still can not get myself to get rid of them..



If only etsy had been around 10 years ago! Instead used to set up shop at flea
markets and craft shows, (next to the likes of some really great crafters like Random Nicole!)
I did manage to get these lovelies in a few local
Silverlake shops, which I hope some of you out there may remember..
Sirens and Sailors? Uncle Jers? Anyone? Bueller...?
And I sewed some of these little paintings to trucker
hats and actually sold a few to Kitson! Well thanks for going on
this soppy walk with me down memory lane...
xo, big hugs!

14 comments:

  1. Girl, if you still have any (assuming these aren't old photos you've posted), you should totally list them on etsy or eBay! They'd sell like hot cakes, I'm sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence Sue! :0)

      Delete
  2. They are so adorable, especially the moped :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that was always a fun one!

      Delete
  3. So cute! I wish you still made them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maddie! Maybe I should make some more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comment. Maybe you were there in spirit? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for sure! <3 I live in England in spirit!

      Delete
  6. What cute and whimsical bags! At first I thought the appliqués were from printed fabric, but better than that- you painted them! Awesome.

    BTW, I have the same problem with the NG magazines. Have had a subscription for centuries and finally started to donate them to the "swap-shop" at our transfer station. Someone else can pick them up to enjoy. I would feel guilty just recycling them, so this way I can hope they find another home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen, I love the bags that you have been making! The puzzle appliqué is adorable! Good idea for donating the NGs.

      Delete
  7. these are so cute, angela! i LOVE the giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shoko! The giraffe is one of my favorites too!

      Delete