Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Goodbye LA, Hello SF

Hello there friends! Hoping everyone is well and happily sewing up a storm out there in the land of sewasroursrex . I have had a lot of sewing related fun since my last post including  Christine Haynes book release party at SewLA, and an awesome meet up, headed by the lovely Amity of Lolita Patterns, in the downtown LA garment district. I was introduced to some very talented and wonderful sewist, Laurie of Sewexhausted,  Kathy of The Nerdy Seamstress, Laura of A Make It Yourself Mom's Diary , Jeanette and Latrice of SewTell. Here is some photographic evidence of our meet up.



Look at all of those bags in our hands! Rayon for 2$ a yard? Why yes please, thank you very much!
I went way overboard and had no self control what so ever. The only one who was the voice of
reason was Latrice. It was such a pleasure to meet everyone, and I am looking forward to keeping up with them via the internets and instagram. It made me realize that I should  meet up
with fellow sewist more often! 


Ye old fabric mountain. We didn't dive in but just hiked up the side a bit.

So on to my big and exciting news, after a few months of thinking, working and preparation,
Will and I are taking the plunge and relocating to San Francisco!
We are so excited to explore a new city and discover new adventures! 



As a going away gift to my friend Julie, I am finally giving her a project that I actually
started many, many years ago. A free hand sewing machine embroidered apron. 
Just so you know Julie LOVES frogs. If I had more time on my hands I would fill in all
of the empty space with stitching,  but I think that it looks OK with some areas
having a bit of lighter stitching.



And lastly I have been trying to make jeans. I am using the Built By Wendy Sew U book pants
pattern and narrowing the leg down the calf a bit. Unfortunately with our sudden
move, my plans to sew up the real deal have to be postponed. What I did learn
though by making 2  muslins is: 1- sew very slowly when topstitching a curve,
and 2- zip fly fronts are not that hard if you follow Sallieoh's wonderful tutorial.
Well guys- got to go, packing is calling my name.
Hope to see you in SF! xo

10 comments:

  1. Wow! How exciting! San Francisco is so beautiful- I bet you guys will love it there! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonja! If feels good to go through my stash and purge! Can't wait to set up the new sewing area!

      Delete
  2. I recognize a few faces there! Looks like y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! Such great ladies!

      Delete
  3. It was so fun meeting everyone! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I must come back to LA for a visit and another meet up!

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh, how exciting! i LOVE san francisco. i can't wait to hear about your adventures there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - you're moving up to the Bay Area! Your meetup in LA sounds like it was a blast. I can't believe that mountain of fabric. Wow. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On an unrelated note: I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, which is to recognize bloggers with fewer than 500 followers. You can check it out here (I've got questions for you) - http://csews.com/sewing-blogs/liebster-award

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so fun meeting up with everyone! It was a long and fun day. I can't believe you're in SF already. I'm sure you'll have fun. May be we should go fabric shopping the next time I'm in SF. I love that city!

    ReplyDelete