Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Light as a feather Anna

OK, so I'm a bit late to the party.. the Anna from By Hand London party that is! 
I have enjoyed everyone's versions so very much, all so elegant and sophisticated, just
as inspired and beautiful as the pattern itself, in its impeccable packaging..


I was so excited to try this pattern right away when I received it in the mail, and I was equally
excited about my feather print rayon from Mood. Only catch was I had only bought 3 yards,
and the maxi version of the Anna dress calls for 4.4 yards..
so I was resolved to make the tea length, variation 3.
I opted out of the neck facing and instead used a self bias binding.

 

Here is the inside view, I am so proud, all french seams. I just wanted the dress to
be light and airy and effortless. 


It could stand to be shorted it a bit more, it almost looks matronly at knee length,
god forbid I go for something sexy!



I did 2 top muslins to get the ease at the waist right.. I just didn't want it to be too tight
and  uncomfortable.







And here with my Gerard. I definitely think it could be shorter by an inch or two.
All in all I am pretty pleased with pattern, I think it is very reminiscent of the 40's..
who knows, maybe I will wear this swing dancing? Now I am raring to go and join the 
maxi Anna club!

15 comments:

  1. It looks great and I hope you do wear it swing dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Maddie! We stopped our swing dance lessons once the wedding was over, but we have to go back, it is so fun!

      Delete
  2. Your dress brught me so many wonderful memories of a dress my mom used to wear to dance parties when I was very little. I love everything about you dress, it looks beautiful on you. Hope you have many dance parties to wear it to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Florencia, I would love to see some of those dresses your mom used to wear dancing!

      Delete
  3. Great job Angie ! It's beatiful xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Naomi! I should make one for you!

      Delete
  4. So pretty, the top fits you really nicely (totally worth the two muslins). The fabric is super cute, and even more amazing that it didn't need to be lined! Bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so happy to get away with no lining! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. This dress looks so good on you! Nice job :)
    xoxo, Jesenia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jesenia, my photoshoots would be so much better if I had you doing my make up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE this style on you! The length doesn't look matronly at all! And that fabric-- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lovely and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe Stef, I am dying to make you some baby clothes! Soon!!

    ReplyDelete