Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 was the year that Will and I got hitched..

Happy New Years Eve to everyone! I thought it would be a perfect time to share my official wedding pictures, because as I reflect on 2013, it truly was all about - me getting married. I apologize to you all for this post in advance. It did seem like a monumental task at the time, planning, making- doing most everything including my dress. Our wedding at the Women's Twentieth Century Club in Eagle Rock was not fancy or unique enough to make it onto one of those lovely wedding blogs, of which I was, by the way, completely addicted to throughout the whole process,
but I truly want people to know, that they can do it themselves
for much less than most weddings cost,  - however nice photography is worth spending the dough on.


I had made two floral crowns the day before the wedding,
one out of purple wax flower and one out of small
peach rosebuds. In the end I chose the rosebuds, they seemed more subtle. Word to the wise, floral
crowns need to be made the day of. The stems on my roses wilted a bit and they flopped down.
Not too noticeable hopefully! I have made up for it though by helping with a dreamy floral
crown tutorial photo shoot with the ever so talented
Naomi of Smile Heart Love, which I will post about tut suite.


Will and his mom and his bow tie. I didn't end up making it, although I did
take a bow tie making class at SewLA. In the end I found some on sale at Macy's 
in the perfect colors, so I said, great, one less thing to do.


My mom loves sparkly things but always needs help getting them on.



Beau from work constructed a wooden arch from which I hung fabric strips.
 (I found rolls of cute disty cotton florals at Rag Finders down town.) Of course my wedding
had to involve lots of fabric, in all ways possible.


Amy and Gina, I love you guys!


Dear Ava...





Flowers from the flower market. Luckily the ones that I picked went together
pretty easily.


Thank you to the most super bridesmaids ever, Kaite, Julie and Mindy
you guys rocked that dress and are the most dear and loyal of friends!






Best Woman Maggie is wearing the Derby dress that I made, god bless her..


Mother son dance turned into family dance....





Thank you to everyone who helped out so much, my mother Peggy, and mother in-law Nancy. Wonderful Melissa who helped so much telling me what to do and kept me sane, (mostly) , Pete and Jen, our dear DJ's,  Pete Lee, you were a great officiant, thank you so much for the Dr. Seuss suggestion!  Jamie of Rad and In Love, you took such amazing pictures and you are very rad!
Most of all thank you to my incredible husband, without whose patience and love I could not
have done it at all. 
Now that it is all over I can get back to sewing, phew. I am so exited about my jacket project..
more to come on that very soon. Cheers to you all in 2014! Big Hugs! 

P.S. If you are planning a wedding and need a laugh or reality check pop over to East Side Bride,
and my advice to you: elope!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, it looks like you had so much fun on your wedding day. You look stunning in evey picture. Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Florencia, I have a theory that all brides look good on their wedding day. Happy 2014 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked just gorgeous. Congratulations and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and Happy New Year to you! Can't wait to see what you make in 2014!

      Delete
  4. wow happy new year, it seems it was a good one for you and 2014 will be a new adventure! so excited for all the possibility of the new year! glad to find you right at the start to follow along! Found you on twitter....who knew! twitter has been an unused site for me and now im playing on there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, what a beautiful wedding! Thank you so much for sharing your photos-- they're so fun to see! You looked amazing! Congratulations to you and Will, and may 2014 be an even better year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sonja! You have inspired me to be a more productive sewer, and make more wardrobe staples! I can't wait to see what you make in 2014! :)

      Delete
  6. A wonderful, happy day with many, many more to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen! So glad I found you and your blog!

      Delete
  7. Love these, Angie! They're so wonderful! It was such a special day. I feel lucky to have been there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, thank you so much for coming Gilda!! So happy you could be there and share it with us! Love you guys Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations!! this looked like the happiest, most beautiful day - and your dress is gorgeous! wishing you lots of love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shoko!! Big Hugs to you!!

      Delete
  10. Angie! Your blog looks super amazing! I love the images - seeing you and Will so happy makes me feel so happy! Love to you both xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you so much too Stefani!! big X's and O's!!

      Delete
  11. ANGELA! CONGRATS!! your wedding looked so beautiful and I have to say, your flowers look perfect! Your floral crown included - so good! I can feel the love and truth be told, it made my eyes tear up going through your photos. It's all about the love, isn't it?

    I so need to check in on your blog more often! Thank you for sharing! You are a true gem. Truly.
    deep felt love + happiness to you both. Lili

    ReplyDelete